Question 1 :
What are the steps involved in consignment cycle?
Consignment cycle is similar to a standard purchase cycle. The difference it that no accounting document is created at the time of goods receipts only QTY is updated.
It is settled once the same is utilized.
Question 2 :
Tell me about the subcontracting cycle.
When the material is sent for subcontracting i.e. some value addition, it is converted into a different material. It needs a BOM to define the components of the finished item being received.
Question 3 :
How is scrap accounted in subcontracting?
The scrap or the process loss can be adjusted while doing a quality inspection of the material received after subcontracting.
Question 4 :
How are the byproducts taken care of in subcontracting?
Byproducts can be taken care of by defining them in the BOM
Question 5 :
Tell me about the various movement types and usage?
101 – GR in unrest. use
103 – GR in Blocked stock
105 – Release from Block to Unrest. use stock.
122 – Return to vendor from unrest. use stock.
124 – Return to vendor from blocked stock
301 - Plant to Plant tfr.
309 – Material to Material tfr.
311 – Tfr. from stg loc to stg loc
261 – Issue for consumption.
411 – Taking consignment stock into own stock.
551 – Withdrawal for scrapping.
Question 6 :
What is the difference between a contract and a scheduling agreement?
A scheduling agreement can be made for Consignment, Subcontracting and stock transfer. A contract, also known as a blanket PO, can be made for standard items and can be restricted to a Value or QTY.
Question 7 :
How does the system calculate taxes?
Based on the calculation schema of that condition and based on access sequence assigned to it.
Question 8 :
What are the cutover activities performed infinal preparartion phase ?
This activity involves- Master data upload for objects like customer masters including partner function assignment, customer material info, pricing, outputs and credit masters.
Question 9 :
How to create a Purchase Order to a vendor who got best rating in Price comparision session (me49). I wish to create PO from this session directly, explain how can it be created?
Vendor rating has to be done for new purchase order everytime. PO can be generated by using transaction ME21N. This PO has to be released after creation
The other way is to assign that item to the vendor and maintain info records and update it by using ME11. This can also be done manualy.
This is not possible. Price comaprison session only gives you the idea which supplier has given the best price for a particular material.you have to raise the po ME21N transaction only.
The vendor who has got best price will have a unique quotation number. USe ME21N transaction and create PO with respect RFQ from Overview tab .
Question 10 :
What is the complete flow of the profit center accounting,and Internal orders in controlling
Profit Centre Accounting:The following data can be passed on in Profit Center Accounting
* Costs (assessment and/or distribution)
* Revenue and sales deductions (assessment and/or distribution)
* Balance sheet items (distribution)
For this purpose, it is necessary to define cycles containing rules for finding sender-receiver relationships.
Related Activities in Controlling
* Definition of actual assessment cycles
* Definition of plan assessment cycles
* Definition of actual distribution cycles
* Definition of plan distribution cycles
Internal orders are normally used to plan, collect, and settle the costs of internal jobs and tasks. The SAP system enables you to monitor your internal orders throughout their entire life-cycle; from initial creation, through the planning and posting of all the actual costs, to the final settlement and archiving:
* You can use master data to assign certain characteristics to your internal orders, which enables you to control which business transactions can be used with the internal order.
* Internal order planning enables you to roughly estimate the costs of a job before the order starts and to make an exact calculation at a later date. You can choose between various planning approaches to compare the effectiveness of different methods. * You can assign and manage budgets for internal orders.
* You apply the actual costs incurred by a job to your internal orders using actual postings. In Financial Accounting, you can assign primary cost postings (such as the procurement of external activities and external deliveries) directly to internal orders.
* In period-end closing you can use various different allocation methods (for example, overhead costing) to allocate costs between different areas of Cost Accounting.
Order settlement enables you to transfer the costs incurred by an order to the appropriate receivers.
* The information system for internal orders enables you to track planned and assigned costs on your orders in each stage of the order life-cycle.
* You can archive internal orders that you no longer require.
Question 11 :
What is the one full implementation of life cycle in SAP-BW ?
Full life cycle implementation means implementing the project start from requirement gathering, analysis, solution desion, mapping, implementing according to ASAP methodology.
Question 12 :
How the Price determination process works in SAP-MM?
Price determination process:
Create a Price schema
Add a condition type if required
Asssign Access sequence to the condition type.
Create a condition table and specify flds required.
Create a cond. rec. The price schema for the particular mat. has a cond type. This pricing will trigger the Price determination process. Basically the access sequence assigned to the cond type will search the cond table to find the particular cond. rec. and determin the price.
Question 13 :
What are the activities we will do in SAP MM module implementation?
Various activities in SAP MM are : Inventory, Warehouse, Purchasing, Vendor evolution, Invoice varification, etc.
Question 14 :
Explain what are the steps in the SD process at least up to the invoicing stage
1) pre-sales activity -inquiry,quotation
3) inventory sourcing,
SD Inquiry-- Quotation---Sales Order---Delivery---Transfer Order----Post Good Issue----Billing---Invoicing.
condition technique means, the combination of
- condition table
- access sequence
- conditon type
Question 15 :
What is the work you have done in the MM module and what programs did you use for creating views in MM?
1.Stock overview for a period can be done by Tcode-MB5B -further giving details like storage location,Plant,Material code,Date..
2.Stock as on date can be viewed by using Tcode-MMBE-further giving details like storage location,Plant,Material code.mail
Question 16 :
How do you get the Sales Order (S.O) No. from the Delivery Order?
There are 2 ways through which you can see the reference of the documents.
1) Through Document Flow
2)Enter the delivery-> Go at the item level and select TAB PREDECESSOR DATA tab and you can see the reference order number.
Question 17 :
What is an Open Item in SAP? How will you find an Open Item in SAP?
you can generate a list of open items from the information systems menu option:
* General Ledger: Information system ® General ledger reports ® Line items ® General ledger line items ® G/L line items, list for printing.
* Accounts Receivable: Information system
* ® Reports for accounts receivable ® Customer items ® List of customer open items for printing. Accounts Payable: Information system ® Reports for accounts payable ® Vendor items ® List of vendor open items for printing